To wash and sanitize reusable gloves with alcoholic gel the following steps must be followed:
- Pour a sufficient amount of solution on the palm of the hand;
- Rub your hands palm to palm;
- Rub the palm over the back and vice versa;
- Rub palm to palm with fingers crossed;
- Rub your fingers with the opposite palm and vice versa;
- Rub the right thumb into the left palm and vice versa;
- Rub by rotating the fingers back and forth in the palm of the hand and vice versa;
- Rub the wrist by rotating the fingers of the hand back and forth and vice versa;
- Once dry, the gloves are clean.
Once the PPE has been sanitized, you can start or resume work using the PPE selected and indicated in the DVR (Risk Assessment Document) of your workstation.
NB: A similar procedure is indicated by the WHO for cleaning hands.